Monday, November 2, 2009

It's Definitely not a Nashville Party.

Everyone on saturday with some bad battle wounds.
They decided to hunt me with nerf guns.

Hey Everyone!

I hope your Halloween weekend was as extroadinary as mine! Friday night I dressed in a cow costume (with squirting udders!) for an RA Party that we had. Saturday, the much anticipating Paintballing Program occurred, and it was so much fun! Getting hit doesn't hurt all that bad ( I got hit in the head, shoulder, ribs, knees and hand), and I can't wait to go again. Now, I know I typically write about crazy shenanigans, but todays post is going to be a little different. I'm struggling with that dreaded question- WHAT SHOULD MY MAJOR BE?!

I'm having the debate in my head, again. Currently, I'm an Undeclared Business Major, with a pursue in an Honors English Certificate. Unfortunately for me, I'm running out of business cores, and I'm going to have to make a decision before I make my schedule so that I remain on the right track course wise. Here's the thing.. I like two Majors. I like Accounting (strange, I know) and I like Marketing and Management. Accounting is tough- Majority of the time it makes me want to pull my hair out, but the level of accomplishment I feel when I do figure it all out is out of this world. Marketing/Management is more natural for me. It resonates more with me. I can bring real world experience into each of my class discussions. So, what to do? My real debate lies in this question; What major will bring me to my goal more quickly?


You see, I know what I want to do when I graduate college. I want to work in the restaurant industry. I am manufactured to work in that industry. It incorporates everything that I like. On any given day your work will include accounting, marketing, managing, writing, and customer service. You're never stuck doing the same thing day in and day out- and, that's exactly what my personality needs. I need a daily challenge, but I also need to be around people. I'm an extrovert- I thrive off of energies. I know that a restauranteur works long, exhausting hours- I was raised in this industry so I'm very well adjusted to that. But, when I'm asked "Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years", I see myself in a restaurant, and nothing else. So, now my big decision is how will I achieve this goal of mine? I guess only time, and a lot of "pro/con" charts will tell. I'll keep you all updated though.


I hope you have a great week!

Until next Monday,

Leanne

P.S- Of course I attached pictures for you. What kind of Blog would this be if I didn't ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment