Sunday, November 1, 2009

Spring Break already??

Another Halloween Weekend gone by...

Which means its back to work. Of course, Sundays are always work days for me, but its not too bad. I leisurely do homework in between the two bhangra practices we have today.

But more importantly, I wanted to tell you guys about that trip to the Dominican Republic I was talking about! I went last spring break with the Women's Center. We stayed with some Franciscan Nuns and worked with kids in a school the sisters had built. This year, I'm leading the trip. The first half of the semester was spent going through the application process. I had to decide who would go on the trip with me! Now, we have the finalize list of students and we had our first meeting on Friday! The meeting was just so we could get ourselves organized and start working on all the things that need to get done before our trip! I put people in charge of sub-committees so that everyone has a specific responsibility.

The meeting went over really well, and that has already started to get me really excited for the trip! Now, I realize that the trip isn't until February, but there' s nothing wrong with getting exited now, is there?

Well, enough procrastinating for me, time to get back to work!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment