Thursday, November 19, 2009

Something I realized today...

Hey everyone!

First I want to welcome Liv to our blogging team! I can't wait to hear all of your fun stories. I'm Bianca, by the way *waves*. And I love your pictures!

Anyway...

I spent most of my day today working in the lab, but when I got a break for lunch I was walking toward the Sarazen Student Union, and I was reminded of how much I positively love Siena. I had just had such a horrible morning of tedious labwork, and I was tired and cold and starving. But as I walked to the union to go grab a much needed wrap from the wrap shop (Pepsi Cafe), I looked around myself and had to stop for a minute right in the middle of the path. There is nothing quite like the Siena College campus. Especially when the sun is shining (like it was this afternoon), everything just looks so welcoming and homey. Even though no one was playing out on what we call the "Siena beach," which is a common sight in the springtime, a smile came to my face. I looked around and saw people walking every which way to class and to lunch and to meetings. Everyone was just smiling and waving and yelling across the academic quad about homework and plans for later. It just felt like home. I remember even experiencing that same feeling of being at home before I came to Siena officially. I was on a Shadow Day when I was looking at schools to go to, and I just remember feeling welcomed, and comfortable, and at ease on the campus. That's really why I made the decision to come here.

And I was reminded of that decision today, at a time when I desperately needed a pick-me-up. So after I stopped and looked around me, at the heart of Siena College, I felt a little bit better. So I grabbed an amazing wrap, picked up my mail, and walked back across campus to the lab, saying hello to everyone along the way. That's another thing that is unique about Siena... I don't think I've ever walked somewhere on campus and not run into someone I knew. It's a good feeling. But after that random moment in the academic quad, my day went from being not so good, to pretty wonderful.


I'm going to miss this...

~Bianca

This was the path I was walking on (the Sarazen Student Union is in the background)!
(Picture taken from www.siena.edu)

No comments:

Post a Comment