Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Year of Big Steps


So as you guys know, I just made my last Siena schedule on Monday. I signed up for everything without a hitch (the benefits of being a senior in the honors program).

Also on Monday, I sent out all of my transcripts to the graduate schools I am applying to: Albany Medical Graduate School, SUNY Albany, RPI, Johns Hopkins University, Watson School of Biological Sciences, Cornell, Harvard, and Tufts. And a few minutes ago I just filled out the applications and sent in all of my GRE scores. All of this is just coming together so quickly! It is exciting, but I am so not ready to think about where I'm going to spend the next 5-6 years of my life earning a Ph.D. in Cellular and Molecular Biology/Plant Biology.

The next step is that I have to write my personal statement, which is essentially a statement about what I have done with my life, what I want to do with my life, and why I want to attend that particular program. It is going to take some thought, so I have been putting it off for a little while. I'm hoping to tackle it this weekend.

Anyway, now I'm off to my last thesis meeting of the fall semester... another big step. I don't know if I can handle all of these conclusions! I just want to go back to freshman year! Please??

~B

No comments:

Post a Comment