Monday, October 20, 2008

Halloween Extravaganza!

Every year, Siena's Black and Latino Student Union puts on an event called Halloween Extravaganza. Siena students volunteer to help out with certain tables at which local kids from the community can come and participate in activities. For instance, there will be face painting, pie-eating contests, pumpkin painting, and a mini haunted house!

This year I'll be helping out with the donut eating table. Kids have to eat a donut off of a piece of string without using their hands. They'll be racing against other kids for a prize. I'll be at the table representing the Asian Students Association, but also with my residents (because I'm an RA and using it as a service program)


The Halloween Extravaganza is this coming Saturday and I'm pumped to see all the kids from the community. Some of their costumes are so cute! Below is a picture from last year's halloween extravaganza. I'm somewhere in the crowd of kids explaining the rules.


- Until next time, Indira

No comments:

Post a Comment