Sunday, October 26, 2008

LSAT Spells Your Future!

For starters, my apologies for not posting sooner, I've been having some computer trouble. Fortunately, I have several friends who are computer whizzes and, if they fail to fix my computer disasters, I can always take my computer to IT&S, which is a technology support center located here on campus.

In any case my computer is now up and running again.

Back to the LSAT. I think I've mentioned this before, but the LSAT stands for the "Law School Admissions Test." If you do well on the LSAT and you will go to law school. If you don't do well on the LSAT then you will not go to law school (even if your GPA is 4.0). It is as simple as that. It's difficult to overstate just how important the test is to your chances of going to law school.

Seeing how attending law school is my goal after graduation, it is important that I start preparing for the LSAT. This past Saturday I was able to take a practice LSAT right here on campus. Getting a preview of what the test will look like should be very beneficial as I start to study for the test.

As a Siena student, there are several resources available to help me weave the not so simple path to law school. Dr. Cutler, for instance, is one of our political science professors here on campus. The man is a walking encyclopedia and makes it his job to do everything he can to help you along the process. Judge King, Siena's "Jurist-in-Residence" is always willing to answer your questions. The pre-law society can be of help too. The society plans programs throughout the year aimed at familiarizing students with the work they should be doing in order to be ready for the LSAT and for law school in general. For instance, this past week the Dean of Buffalo University Law School came on campus to speak with students.

As a junior, I'm looking to take the LSAT this coming June. Hopefully, with enough dedication on my part, as well as the ample resources available to me here on campus, I will do alright.

Until next time,
Mike DiSiena

"Law is order, and good law is good order." ~Aristotle

No comments:

Post a Comment