Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Histology... ugh.

The last few weeks have been insanely busy for me. I've been studying for my histology exam which is split up into a lab practical and a lecture exam over two days. Tomorrow I take the lab portion of it, and the following day the lecture exam. I didn't do as well as I had hoped for on my first exam, so I've been studying extra hard for this upcoming exam. On the last test, I knew all the material, but I had minor points taken off for not writing down specifically what the professor was looking for. Now that I have a better idea of how she grades her tests, I think this upcoming exam will be easier. I've already met with her and spoken to her about my grades. If I work hard, I can still pull off an A in this course.

That's part of the reason why I love Siena. The professors here are so understanding and are always willing to work with you. I love telling the story about my philosophy class my freshman year. I decided to take honors philosophy with Dr. Santilli. He's a great professor, but being my first real honors class, I had some difficulty with it. By mid-semester, I was averaging a C, and I'm typically an A student. I sat down with my professor and we talked it over. He worked with me on my final paper and gave me suggestions. He told me what books I should be looking into and what direction I should take my paper in. I re-wrote my paper so many times, and each time, my professor gave me great feedback. I ended up getting an A on my final paper which gave me a B+ as an overall course grade. To this day, that B+ is the lowest grade on my transcript, but I could not be prouder of it. I worked so hard to achieve that grade. It comes to show how willing professors are to work with you. The professors here at Siena genuinely care about the students and are willing to do whatever it takes to help a student pass a course.

Its times like these when I look back at my decision to come to Siena and realize that it was the best decision I ever made.

-Until next time,

Indira

No comments:

Post a Comment