Saturday, October 25, 2008

What's New in your life?

Hey everyone,

How is your week going? I hope this blog finds you all in high spirits.

So it's October 25, have you heard back from any schools? Have you applied to any schools? Early Action, Early Decision, Regular Decision? Have you just recently re-taken your SAT'S?

I honestly cannot believe that I am a college sophomore. I graduated in 2007! I mean, I know I'm only 19 but I don't know, I don't feel 19. As Ferris Bueller states, (Ferris Bueller's Day Off, my favorite movie) Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. I am really different from freshman year, I guess you could say. I'm still doing all my work and of course, I am doing quite well. But I guess, I really am living in the moment. My semester is already more than half over, it really is flying by. Siena just keeps getting better with time for me; each and every new day, brings new challenges and most importantly more fun.

So now as I move back to you guys...How is your senior year? Show some school spirit, go to your homecoming, pep rally, and senior breakfast. Don't slack off in classes and enjoy your last year. Because as Ferris Bueller would say, It moves pretty fast, and if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. It's going to come to an end very soon and then you start a whole new chapter in your life.

If your reading this blog, then you really have your college priorities in order. Apply to schools early and often. You only have one chance, and you must be certain that the school you attend, is perfect for you. For me, it was Siena. I immediately embraced the sense of community on this campus. How the students are just like one another and we all are in this together. We all do so much for each other, ranging from small things like simply holding the door for each other, or big things like always being there for each other. If you haven't visited Siena yet, you absolutely should and I promise you that you will feel like you'll belong. It doesn't matter if your a freshman or senior, we are a family.
To me, that's what college is about. Aside from advancing education, but making lifelong friendships. Meeting the men in my wedding party, and who knows maybe a future wife. There is so much more to college than paper after paper. And if people tell you that it's just strictly about that, and not about joining one of Siena's 75 clubs and organizations, in my opinion they are totally mistaken. College is what you make of it!

Good luck to all!
And remember, take one step at a time, there's no need to rush...

Let me know how your college search is going! Tell me about senior year!

I am here at your disposal, take advantage of it.

Until next week...

Love,

Patrick Creegan

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patrick. I loved your blog. You are so right about college being what you make of it. I'm applying to Siena for the Fall 2009 and I'm thinking about coming by for a visit as well. I'm so excited for what the next four years will be like; maybe I'll spend it at Siena. Once again your blog really helped me to narrow my options, and Siena sounds like a great place to be. xoxo- Afieya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Afieya,

    I am really glad you enjoy my blogs!

    How are you?

    Thats awesome that your applying!
    What are you looking to study?

    You should really visit Siena. You'd love it here!

    Let me know what you decide to do!

    Talk to you soon,

    Love,

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete