Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sorry!

Hey guys, sorry about no posting last week! The days just keep getting busier and busier as we get closer to midterms...

Anyway! This upcoming weekend is parents weekend, which is awesome. I miss my parents (you will too when you go to college believe it or not!), and I cant wait to see them! My sister is coming up as well, along with my boyfriends parents & grandmother, and my best friends mom and younger sister. I'm really excited to spend the weekend with all the good old, loud, Long Islanders! And plus, my Uncle John makes this AMAZING Penne Ala Vodka, and he's making some with my Dad right at this very moment to bring up to me this weekend! It made my day :o)

On the bad side, I sprained my ankle! :o( Boo! It's so swollen-- I have a kankle, and sausage toes. Pretty hot I must say. Ha-ha, but thats what I get for being a klutz I guess. I should be off my crutches in a week or so, hopefully sooner! Cause those things really really stink.

On a lighter note; MY BEST FRIEND IS COMING TO SEE ME OVER HALLOWEEN WEEKEND! I am so so so excited; its always awesome to have friends from other schools come visit. She goes to Boston University, which if you've never been there, its basically just a bunch of buildings in Boston. It doesn't really have a "campus", so for her to come here to Siena and get a dose of campus life will be fab-o. I miss her terribly!

Alright guys, time to go clean my room a bit, this way when my parents come they see I'm keeping it somewhat clean! Just kidding-- my room is always clean :o)

-Laur

PS- I noticed Greg had mentioned in his last blog about any questions any of you may have. I'm sure I can speak on behalf of everyone that writes for this blog, that if you feel as though you have absolutely ANY questions, don't hesitate to ask any of us! :o)

4 comments:

  1. How was it coming from Long Island to Siena. Was it easy to make friends, are the clubs a clickish thing,Sometimes in high school it is so clickish it gets to be competition just to hang out. I am thinking of applying early decision, I was there once for a visit and felt very comfortable. It seemed even if someone was on the quiet side they got involved in some type of activity. I have visited 5 schools, I am going to 3 more. I really want to try and get this done by the end of the year. I am going to visit Siena one more time, before Nov 15. I feel like this is such a tough choice because I want to stay at the same school for 4 years. Who, What, When,or how did you know Siena was the place for you. Also do you make many trips home, or stay on campus on the weekends. Thanks for your help. Confused in Commack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! i couldn't find anywhere on the site what classes an accounting major/business administration major has to have in order to transfer to siena as a junior. Do any of you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey "confused in commack" !

    I am actually from westchester but my best friend is from commack! so I can tell you a little bit about that.

    There are A LOT of kids at Siena from Long Island. It was very easy to make friends. Summer orientation and the programs that they have the first few weeks of school have lots of events and stuff and it is so easy to meet people...esp because everyone is in the same situation!
    Getting involved is so important. It gives you the opportunity to meet new people and get away from the work which can drive you insane.
    I knew Siena was the right school for me when I came to visit it--at like the 11th hour and having not applied at all. i did 10 apps and decided when I didnt get into my top choice that i hated all the others. my friend convinced me to look into siena which i did...and i LOVED it. i threw in an app at the last minute and it was the best thing i ever did.
    Most all students, even the commuters, hang around campus on the weekends. the Student Events Board (SEB) always has stuff going on as far as entertainment and events and they have free busses to the mall and stuff like that. also, downtown albany is like 8 minutes away so there are lots of options. hardly anyone goes home until the long weekends, etc.

    hope i was able to answer some of ur Qs!

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  4. regarding accounting/business classes that transfer:

    your best bet is to contact one of the admissions staff who will put you in contact with the academic advising support center. they are excellent at sitting down and working with you to go over what credits you have that will transfer, etc.

    I am an accounting major so i can tell you quickly what the requirements are off the top of my head:

    -financial/managerial acounting
    -intermediate acct I and II
    -cost accounting
    -taxation
    -advanced acct.
    -auditing

    then the common business core:
    -econ (macro/micro)
    -quantitative business analysis
    -business statistics
    -marketing
    -management
    -business applied calc
    -information systems

    i am prob leaving some out but definitely contact someone in admissions for more accurate info!

    Greg

    ReplyDelete