Monday, February 16, 2009

The Competition!

Hello all. Well, weeks of preparation, hard work, and dedication culminated this weekend at the annual Mock Trial Competition at Syracuse, New York. I am pleased to report Siena held its own as we competed against schools such as Cornell, Hamilton, and Colgate. If you don't know what Mock Trial is, let me briefly explain. In a Mock Trial tournament teams from different schools study an imagined court case and then prepare both the defense's and plaintiff's perspective of the case. Participating members play one of either two roles: the attorney role, or the witness role. Experts in the law come to judge the competition and comment on any ways in which an individual might improve his performance. I have been part of the Mock Trial Team all three years at Siena and I have to say am thankful for the experience. Not only do I get to learn more about the law, but I get an added insight into the work of a trial lawyer.

Take Care,
Mike DiSiena

No comments:

Post a Comment