Friday, February 20, 2009

Vacation!

Hi Everyone!

How are you? I hope all is well!
Vacation is finally here and it's amazing to be with my family!
I have arrived home a little while ago and am now preparing for Florida!

I can only write a fast blog, since there is so much to do.

Actually on my flight, I have to write a bibliography for my Environmental Ethics class. The topic of my paper is Food ethics. So if anyone has any ideas, feel free to help me out.
So far, I have fifteen sources for my 12 page paper. I have yet to formulate a thesis statement, however I am thinking about saying, "Food ethics has become an increasingly relevant topic in recent years. Currently, we are in the midst of an obesity epidemic and this directly relates to how we live our lives. If it's true, you are what you eat, than we definitely are an malnourished nation." Something along the lines like that.
My paper will go into great detail on agricultural farming and how we are slaughtering animals too soon while giving them more steroids, so they can be killed faster. I will also discuss the McDonalization of Society. It is too convenient for Americans to eat cheap fast food instead of enjoying a home cooked meal.

As you can blatantly see, Food ethics and nutrition is a topic that I am quite passionate about.

As a closing thought, I will leave some song lyrics from Lazyboy's song, Underwear Goes Inside the Pants.
Americans, let's face it: We've been a spoiled country for a long time. Do you know what the number one health risk in America is? Obesity. They say we're in the middle of an obesity epidemic.An epidemic like it is polio. Like we'll be telling our grand kids about it one day.The Great Obesity Epidemic of 2004."How'd you get through it grandpa?""Oh, it was horrible Johnny, there was cheesecake and pork chops everywhere."
Nobody knows why were getting fatter? Look at our lifestyle.I'll sit at a drive thru. I'll sit there behind fifteen other cars instead of getting up to make the eight foot walk to the totally empty counter.Everything is mega meal, super sized. Want biggie fries, super sized, want to go large. You want to have thirty burgers for a nickel you fat mother ******. There's room in the bag. Take it!Want a 55 gallon drum of Coke with that? It's only three more cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment