Friday, February 27, 2009

YAY PAT!!

Hey everyone!! just wanted to get on and drop in and see how everything is going.
I know siena kids (the loudonville ones, lol) were on break this week but us siena students here in siena, italy have been working hard! Our spring break is next week..i'm so excited!! I'm going to be going to England, Ireland, and Scotland!!!! I'm SO excited! As far as classes and such they've been pretty tough...studying abroad is no vacation! haha. This week I also have to submit abstracts for my final papers. Each class requires a 10 page paper (yes, in italian =x ) about a topic of your choice thats of some relevance to the class material. I'm taking european union economics, business ethics, advanced italian linguistics, history of italian emigration, literary translation, and creative arts. Yea...thats more than the average course load...but i'm an over achiever, what can i say, lol. But this is going to end up being like 60+ pages of writing...AAAHHH!!! Anywayyy, today was a beautiful day and after class a bunch of my friends and I just went and got lunch and sat in the piazza del campo (Siena, Italy's main square). It was so crowded with people. Last week it was so cute because it was carnivale week so there were TONSSS of little toddlers in costumes running around the piazza with silly string having a blast ( yea, idk why silly sring but it looked like fun). Tomorrow during the day my friends and I are taking a day trip to the nearby hill-town of San Giminano. I was there 3 or 4 years ago but i am so excited to go back..so pretty!

Whats new with everyone?! Have most of the decision letters from your colleges come back? I hope you are strongly considering coming to Siena. As a junior, i can most definitely say that coming to Siena (both Siena College AND abroad to Siena, Italy...haha) was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

For those accepted students that have made a profile on Siena's new online
admissions portal (facebook-like thingy), add me!! my user name is "gregorio"

ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment