Tuesday, February 3, 2009

News from the REAL Siena =]

Ciao tutti!
Gregorio here, writing to you again from Siena, Italy, where I am studying abroad for the semester. its about 9:45am here and I am sitting in the lounge at school working on a powerpoint presentation that I have to give. As I had said in my previous post, Italy is absolutely amazing...I love living here. This week is the last week of the "intensive" Italian language courses before the actual semester classes start. Butttttt, before that, the school is taking us all up to northern Italy to the Dolomites (Italian Alps) for a week! We're also going to be stopping in Verona (city where Romeo & Jiulet took place) as well as in Trento (Italian city that borders Austria). And when we come back on Thurs, me and a few friends made plans to go to Venizia (Venice), Italy for the famous "Carnivale." For those who don't know, Carnivale Venezia is kind of like Mardi Gras in the USA. I'm so excited. Then when we come back the actual semester courses begin.
Wed after school my class has a cooking workshop which i am so excited for....as a matter of fact my host-mother is the instructor! (its at her cooking school which is right next to ours). My roommate's class had his yesterday and he said it was so amazing and he learned so much. The weather here in Siena hasn't been too great...lots of rain...but apparently it is supposed to get better!
Anyway I'm going to get back to work, but here a few pictures!!

Ci Parliamo!
(talk to you soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment