Friday, February 6, 2009

Honors Thesis!

I think I might have mentioned this a long time ago but I am one of several "Honors Fellows" at Siena College. Let me briefly explain. An Honors Fellow is an individual who is selected by the College-Wide Honors Program to engage in particularly challenging coursework throughout College. Part of the program includes writing a very lengthy paper known as your "Honors Thesis." This isn't just any old paper, this is a paper that requires taking three different classes in order to complete it. This semester I am beginning the first class, which focuses on the research component of the paper. Students are asked to think of a topic (just about any topic that you have a background in based on the classes you've taken up to that point), and start researching for it. The class meets once a week during which a small group of students discuss their progress.

At this point I have just selected a topic. Seeing how I am a political science and philosophy major, I thought it would be fun to look at the origins and development of the concept of executive power. In any case, I am looking forward to the whole process, which won't be completed until the end of my Senior year. Like I said, this ain't just any old paper!

Hope Everyboy is Doing Well,
Mike DiSiena

"Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously." ~G.K. Chesterton

No comments:

Post a Comment