Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Roomates

Hope everyone had a good week! Valentines day has come and past eh? Sad to say I didn't have a valentine, but hey maybe next year. This week has been hectic between tests, labs and projects , but lately I've been worried more about the housing for next year. Getting a good group of roommates more specifically. Over the summer break, I met my roommate while at orientation. That was a pretty big deal for me because I wanted someone who I not only got along with, but wouldn't be a distraction for me to get my homework done. Though I ended up getting Andrew as my roommate I also got another student, which has turned out fine. He's a great kid and we all get along. Life is good with the two of them. Looking towards next year, I couldn't see only one person in particular I wanted to room with. As I talked to my buddy down the hall about the situation and another buddy I had on the hockey team, we decided, why not get a quad? Three of us were down to room, so it was up to us to decide on a fourth. We quickly decided that our other friend from the second floor was going to be a perfect fit. Even though we have our choice of roommates we still have to wait to see how good a housing number one of us gets before our plan can be put into action. The lottery for housing is random for the most part, but those kids with better GPA's are drawn first as I've been told. I hope that with the stiff competition and few available quads that our group gets our choice of living. My grades are good, but I'm not known for being too lucky so I guess we'll see how everything plays out.

Keep it real ya'll, Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment