Saturday, February 7, 2009

SIRA

Hi Everyone,

How are you? I hope all is well! 
I can't believe it's already February and we are already rapidly approaching midterms! Classes are going so well but I just can't believe how fast time is going by. 
Once you guys come to Siena (hopefully!), I will be a junior! I don't believe it! It's actually really upsetting, so I won't say anymore about that. 

Two good friends of mine just recently created a new club on campus! It's called Siena Investment and Research Association! It's a club open to all majors, however it specializes for students who want to make contacts with the business world and who really want to learn all about the business world. We have corporate sponsors from Northwestern Mutual, Nestle Corporation, Citizens Bank and Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Within SIRA, there are five divisions, Global Markets Division, Economic Advisory Division, Marketing Relations Division, Accounting and Business Ethics Division and the Investment Banking division.

The club focuses on current economic and financial events and each division creates a research project on any topic that fits within their division. Each division has a faculty advisor and a corporate advisor. This is an awesome club.
Actually as of yesterday, I was hired as Vice President and Chief Accountant of the Accounting and Business Ethics Division! I cannot wait to get started and accomplish great work for this club. I am going to pick five students to join my team and then we will decide what to research. When we are ready, we are going to put on a 20 minute presentation, along with a paper for the whole campus and our corporate sponsors. 
I cannot wait to start going through resumes and interviewing applicants for my division!
I'll let you know what we decide to research! 

Lastly, any Presidential Scholars?!?!?
I am hosting someone this weekend and am very excited.

I will be around all weekend, so if you read the blogs and recognize me, talk to me!
Or ask around! I hopefully look forward to meeting you all!

-Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment