Thursday, February 12, 2009

RA on duty...

I am currently sitting in the RA office of Hennepin Hall. Yes, thats right, I'm an RA, or Residence Assistant. During the year I make nametags, put up bulletin boards, create a community on the floor, and am occassionally on duty for the evening.

It is actually a pretty fun job. You get to meet a lot of other people, such as the other RAs on campus and the students who live in your building. You also get the added bonus of a paycheck every other week. That reminds me, I have to pick up my paycheck tomorrow. yay!
Here's a picture of the Hennepin Hall RA staff from the fall when we had RA training.


So, today was a pretty long day. I had an interview in the morning because I had applied for the SAINT position. That means I help out during freshman orientation in the fall. (If you end up coming to Siena, keep an eye out for me!) I would move in a week early and help students adjust to campus and attend the sessions.

I also had to help one of my professors install a program on his computer. He was having issues and sent out a cry for help via email. Then, I had my one on one meeting with my RD, Adam. We meet every other week just to touch base and see how everything is going.

Then later in the evening I went to the Asian Students Association's Valentines Day Dinner. They had amazing food and chocolate covered fruit!!

After that I met a friend in the library to study for an exam I have tomorrow.

And then I had bhangra practice. We finished choreographing the girl's dance earlier in the day, so we had to teach the other girls. It was a fairly laid back practice, so it was fun.

And now I find myself in the RA office, writing to all of you. It's been a long day and im pretty excited to go take a shower and go to bed. I get off duty at 12:00, so one more hour and I'll be free.

Until next time,

Indira

No comments:

Post a Comment