Friday, February 20, 2009

La Republica Connecticata

That's right- that's where I'm going for spring break...Connecticut. Exciting isn't it? haha. A) I'm too broke to go anywhere exotic and still be able to live when I come back and B) I found out too late that a bunch of my friends planned a trip to Cancun. I think they're all flying as I write this which makes me pretty jealous. But I'll get caught up on work, relax, and save some cash while I'm at it. Bust since my car broke down on the way back from Boston a couple weeks ago, I need Mommy to come get me!!!

So I JUST finished recording a radio spot on 88.3 The SAINT (our radio station). I'm a student worker in the Chaplain's Office and they wanted to do an ad for Lent, and of course they made me do it! I think it came out nice. If you live in the area, be on the listen for it this week!

So we're supposed to be off campus by 9am tomorrow, but we have a HUGE basketball game against Northern Iowa. It's our bracket buster that will be on ESPN2 tomorrow. Look for me- I'm thinking of making a sign. Something funny obviously. Since everyone's on break I think there won't be as many students as usual, which is disappointing since its on TV. But check it out tomorrow afternoon.

My off-campus indoor soccer team won the division last night on a header with 1 second left in the game. It was unreal. Whoever won the game won the title and we had a throw in with 5 seconds left! Really awesome, because we won the last session undefeated too!

My last bit of news before I depart, I just received a letter in my mailbox nominating me for Phi Sigma Tau- the National Honor Society in Philosophy (my minor). I'm pretty excited and I will be inducted in May. OK that's all for now. We'll talk later. Good luck with all you college response letters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment